The town of Primošten can be found in documents dating from 1564 under the name of Capusta Cista.
After it was founded the town was protected from Turk attacks by a stone wall with towers and it was connected with land by a bascule bridge, which was later substituted by an embankment which turned Primošten into a peninsula.
To our days Primošten preserved the atmosphere and all architectonic characteristics of a mediaeval Mediterranean fishing town. The church of Sv. Juraj (St. George), built in 1485 on the highest point of the former island, overlooks the town. The church of Sv. Gospa od Milosti (Our Lady of Mercy) dating from 1553 and the chapel of St. Roko built in 1680 also attract visitors' attention.
The Suburb Dolac is located only 3 km from Primošten center.
Beautiful beaches on the peninsula of Raduča with crystal clear sea, white stone and green pines make a perfect natural whole.
Don't miss local summer festivities - Primošten usances - that take place in the authentic ambiance of Primošten every summer.
Šibenik 28 km,
Zadar 105 km
or Split 60 km
100 km or
Trogir/Split 40 km